Sunday, 13 October 2013

francoise nielly and art

I am a huge fan of the french artist Francoise Nielly. Her paintings are expressive, exhibiting a brute force along with vital energy. Her paintings are known to be sexual, sensual, and the colours she uses are free and exuberant, even explosive.
She combines oil and knife work to sculpt her images, whether it be the human body or portraits.
Nielly inspires me because she takes risks, she expresses her feelings with vibrant colours and daring strokes to create a beautiful image. Im in love with her colour palette, and as you will see, i am also a fan of wild, wacky colours.

Below are some of her paintings;





Nielly also inspired me throughout my A-level art project, 'Non-Verbal Communication.' I was a big fan of colour and expressionism on the face, and i felt i could really connect my love for makeup with this lady. As you can see in her painting above, with the use of darker lines and thicker strokes, she contours the face and the cheekbones. With only the use of grays and pinks, the image is so powerful. The fierceness in the mans eyes attracts the viewer. I did indeed copy her image for my project last year, and then i did my own interpretation. Photos will be up soon.

I am so excited for this project. Looking at the picture above has given me the idea to use a man in one of my final images, maybe as a drag queen, relating it to Weimar Berlin.




http://www.thecoolhunter.net/article/detail/1603/francoise-nielly

No comments:

Post a Comment